Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Scones with Spelt Flour and Sesame Seed


 

Scones with spelt flour and sesame seed


Today I made a variation of yesterday´s scones. It´s basically the same recipe but with a different kind of flour and liquid. Spelt flour requires some extra liquid so I added a ½cup more in this recipe. This is my personal favorite of fast, healthy and easy to make bread.

 

Scones with spelt flour and sesame seed

1½ cup all-purpose flour

1½ cup spelt flour

½ cup roasted sesame seed

½ tbsp. baking powder

½ tbsp. salt

Mix with a fork in a big bowl.

Add 1 cup canola oil and 1½ cup plain nonfat Greek yoghurt and ½ cup water, stir until mixed. Stir as little as possible. When using baking powder you shouldn´t mix/stir/work with the dough any more than barely mixing the ingredients. Don´t work it one second longer than necessarily! (That´s a good rule to remember when using baking powder.)

Divide the dough in two pieces and place them on parchment paper. Use your hands and warm water (otherwise the dough will stick to your hands) to form the two pieces into round, flat breads.

Use a knife and made a cross on each bread, to make them easier to cut later.

Bake them in 440 degreese Fahrenheit for about 20 min (until golden).

Enjoy warm with butter, cheese, turkey, ham, tomatoes, avocados or jam. Tea or coffee is excellent choices of drinks to go with your scones.

If you try them please let me know! I love to hear about it!



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your feedback! If you have baking ingredients that you would like me to use in BakeTheBestBread feel free to send me an email mmarianorthcutt@gmail.com and I will invent a good recipe that includes your ingredients.

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello!,I love your writing very a lot! percentage we keep in touch more about your post on AOL?

    I require an expert in this space to resolve my problem.
    Maybe that is you! Having a look forward to see you.



    My web blog :: http://ketoniclabs.com

    ReplyDelete