Monday, January 7, 2013

Quinoa and Cranberry Bread, Part 1


Tonight I made some exciting experimenting in my kitchen! I decided to put together a recipe for a Quinoa bread with Cranberries. I figured that have to be a great success! The nutty, full flavor of Quinoa combined with Cranberries would make for a soft, savory, healthy, yummy bread right?

I don't know if I'm right yet, because I decided to make a dough, put it in the fridge over night and bake it in the morning. I am however bold enough to gee you the recipe now. Try it now if you're brave, or wait until tomorrow when you'll get the results documented and tried out. How brave are you?

This is how I did it~

I mixed these ingredients with a fork in a big bowl:
 2 cups All Purpose Flour
2,5 cups Quinoa Flour
1,5 OZ Dry Yeast
A pinch of Salt

After mixing the ingredients above thouroghly, I added:
3 cups milk, about 100 degrees Fahrenheit
1 cup Olive Oil
14 OZ Cranberry Sauce (1 can)

I mixed all the ingredients by hand for 5min. It's OK to use a machine too.

After mixing them I sealed the bowl with plastic film and put it in the fridge over night. I'm very excited to see what it looks like tomorrow!
My plan is to simply put it in a square shaped baking form and bake it in the oven for about 30 min at 350 degrees. voila! Breakfast is served! I'll get back to you tomorrow with the results. 

This is what my dough looks like in the fridge right now.


Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment